FAMILY SERVICES SUPPORT MANAGER (ASSISTED HOUSING)
|June 24, 2011 - July 24, 2011|
|Location:||San Antonio, TX|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Community Development Initiatives|
|Description:||Provides supervision for case managers and coordinates the Housing Choice Voucher Family Self-Sufficiency Program (FSS). Ensures staff provide recruitment and trainings and other resident activities, ensures monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for the FSS Program are submitted to HUD, ensures that program activities, case management, outreach and marketing will provide a complete package of services to help SAHA residents achieve self-sufficiency; assist in the implementation of MTW initiatives, coordinates and ensures that Program Coordinating Committee (PCC) activities are align with HUD priorities; performs related work as required.|
|Duties:||• Assists the MTW Program Manager in the implementation of MTW program initiatives.|
• Works in collaboration with assisted housing staff, and others to ensure FSS and MTW program initiatives are carried through.
• Read, interpret and apply HUD regulations to all grant funded programs to include, FSS, MTW, and any other grant awards directed at enhancing resident self-sufficiency.
• Develop, implement, monitor and report status on program goals and develop comprehensive action plans to meet and exceed stated grant objectives. Create, monitor and revise action plans that will address any areas of deficiency in grant objectives.
• Conduct file audits to measure performance as part of on-going quality assurance process and for the Section Eight Management Assessment Program (SEMAP).
• Provide supervision to case management staff in grant obligations, compliance of grant agreements and to ensure goals and objectives are met.
• Researches and implements effective and efficient methods for case management and program operations
• Ensures that at a minimum 10% of the FSS case files are reviewed ensuring proper documentation, assessments, ITSP, and escrows are complete.
• Provide technical assistance to Assisted Housing Managers on grant requirements, reporting requirements, and all other grant requirements related to fulfilling obligations to funding Authorities.
• Submit reports through Director to Funding Authorities on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual basis as specified by grant and/or Director’s requirements.
• May act as lead in identifying funding requirements, gather information and apply research required for successful submission of grant applications.
• Supervise and monitor staff performance reviews to include coaching sessions, and performance enhancement tools to enhance staff performance.
• Develop collaborative relationships with community partners in accessing services available to FSS participants.
• Work with SAHA’s Sr. Grant Writer to prepare and review service proposals for required grant evaluations, Memorandums of Understanding and contracts for services.
• Assists with the creation of training programs and provides training for Housing Authority staff in the implementation of grant funded resident programs.
• Attend various functions to include SAHA Board Meetings, external agency meetings, collaborate with consultants, and prepare and present special presentations as required.
• Adhere to Federal, State and local laws/regulations as they pertain to SAHA resident programs.
• Assists the Director of Community Initiatives and MTW Program Manager in the creation and implementation of Summer Youth Employment, and other MTW initiatives.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in Social Work, Business Administration, Business Management or related field required and; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Five (5) years of related experience, two (2) years of which must have been in a supervisory capacity. Must have (2) years of experience in managing grant funded programs.
• Must obtain Section 8 Housing Management Certification within one year of date of hire.
• Texas Class “C” driver’s license at the time of placement and be insurable by the Housing Authority’s liability and fleet insurance carrier.
• Successful completion of a criminal history background check, education and work history verification and drug screening test.
Applications will be reviewed for relevant experience, education, and training. Applications must be detailed and complete for proper evaluation. The best-qualified applicants may be required to complete further testing, which may consist of any combination of written, oral, or performance examinations.
• Master’s Degree preferred.
• Senior Housing Management Certification Preferred.
Supervision is direct or through work leaders or assistants, typically with a subordinate group of up to ten (10) employees. Estimate personnel needs and assign work to meet completion dates in accordance with established schedules. Supervise, coordinate and review the work of assigned staff by ensures that at a minimum 10% of the FSS case files are reviewed ensuring proper documentation, assessments, ITSP, and escrows are complete. Recommend candidates for employment conduct performance evaluations and salary review for assigned staff and apply company policies.
The following personal attributes are considered essential requisites for effective performance of the holder of this position:
• Problem-Solving Expertise: Identifying and defining problems/goals including scope and sequence or priorities for attainment; selecting and implementing alternative solution strategies; and supervising resources, constraints, and contingencies.
• Influencing Capabilities: Actions designed to assure the achievement of identified objectives in this area of functional responsibilities; accurate analysis of situations with appropriate related follow-up and supervisory approach responses; effective management of interpersonal behavior and/or conflict; demonstrated high level of adaptability required to effectively manage diverse, changing, and even competing task expectations.
• Supervisory/Administrative Skills: Basic set of supervisory skills involved in the efficient administration of this function including directing, implementing, motivating/communicating, and evaluation the services it provides for the organization.
• Planning Orientation: Demonstrated competency in operational planning processes; ability to understand, and commitment to integrate the contributions to be made through this function; assessing, allocating and supervising the use of resources (material, staff, capital) in a prudent and orderly manner; monitoring, measuring and taking corrective actions required to achieve targeted results.
• Positive Thinking & Attitude: Maintains a positive work environment by creating job motivation, remaining enthusiastic about taking on challenges, demonstrating an “I care” attitude, approaching others in a pleasant, happy, and upbeat manner, and always finding the positive aspect of a negative situation; ability to resolve conflict in positive ways.
• Communicates Effectively: Presents ideas clearly and influentially through various means; identifies/shares important information in a timely manner; appears knowledgeable and confident in communicating information.
• Work Ethic: Dependable and meets commitments by exhibiting willingness to put in extra hours or extra effort to get the job done. Available and presentable for work on a consistent and timely basis.
• Organization: Develops plans to achieve objectives by identifying resources needed, time allocations, and anticipated obstacles. Utilizes planning tools and methods for prioritizing, organization and following through.
As a state-chartered agency, SAHA is committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards. Applicants selected for employment are expected to perform work responsibilities with the highest degree of integrity, professionalism and honesty, to merit the respect of our co-workers, clients, partners, vendors and the general public. Applicants selected for employment are also expected to serve the public with dedication, concern, courtesy and responsiveness.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
This position specification is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this position specification at any time, without notice.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the San Antonio Housing Authority will make reasonable accommodation to the known disability of a qualified applicant or employee to enable people with disabilities to enjoy equal employment opportunities, if it would not impose an “undue hardship” on the operation of the employer’s business.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.
Get Notified of New Jobs at San Antonio Housing Authority